Sunday, June 05, 2011

What's happened to wedding music?

My wedding business was growing and I had 1-2 gigs a month. Then the recession hit and I've never recovered. The poor economy plus brides favoring strings and harp over the organ has led me to focus on my teaching business:



Now I have 70 students and no time for weddings! Isn't life odd how it goes through constant change? 17 years ago today we landed in Jupiter FL for me to start work as a music minister at a Methodist church, a very misguided endeavor. That was after a search for church work that started in 1985! If I had only known back then that my true talent lay in private music instruction, how different life would be. I wouldn't have wasted 13 years in stupid office work at Vanderbilt. But despite being nearly 60, I welcome finding myself & my vocation with gratitude.

1 comment:

Mr. James said...

It's good to read this 2 years later. Still going strong with lessons and not missing the wedding business. Occasionally still get a call or email from a bride or planner since the vestiges of my web presence are lingering out there. But it all fails to materialize for one reason or another.

Facebook Badge

Nashville Wedding Organist

Nashville Wedding Organist

Being a Teacher